By Ben Laurie
Apache is way and away the main generic net server platform on the earth. this flexible server runs greater than 1/2 the world's latest sites. Apache is either unfastened and rock-solid, working greater than 21 million sites starting from large e-commerce operations to company intranets and smaller pastime sites.With this new 3rd version of Apache: The Definitive Guide, internet directors new to Apache will arise to hurry fast, and skilled directors will locate the logically prepared, concise reference sections crucial, and approach programmers attracted to customizing their servers will depend upon the chapters at the API and Apache modules.Updated to hide the alterations in Apache's most up-to-date unlock, 2.0, in addition to Apache 1.3, this helpful consultant discusses find out how to receive, arrange, safe, adjust, and troubleshoot the Apache software program on either Unix and home windows platforms. Dozens of basically written examples give you the solutions to the real-world concerns that Apache directors face daily. as well as protecting the install and configuration of mod_perl and Tomcat, the ebook examines personal home page, Cocoon, and different new applied sciences which are linked to the Apache internet server. extra insurance of defense and the Apache 2.0 API make Apache: The Definitive Guide, 3rd version crucial documentation for the world's hottest internet server.
Read or Download Apache - The Definitive Guide, Third Edition Ben Laurie, Peter Laurie PDF
Similar internet & networking books
Such a lot traditional and synthetic platforms remodel details in a predictable or programmable approach; such transformation might be interpreted as harnessing nature for computing. lately we've got witnessed a burst of analysis in unconventional computing, leading to the improvement of experimental prototypes of typical desktops, plasmodium pcs, reaction-diffusion processors, and DNA desktops in addition to theoretical paradigms of ordinary computation reminiscent of mobile automata, man made chemistry, evolutionary computing, and neural networks.
If you could have your fingers in this year's most well liked new phone, you will need the e-book that covers it inside and outside: Palm Pre: The lacking handbook. this pretty, full-color ebook from united states this day personal-technology columnist Ed Baig can help you pass from newcomer to specialist very quickly. The maker of the mythical Palm Pilot is again on heart degree with a telephone that allows you to browse the internet, hearken to song, watch video, view images, and much more.
Multiwavelength Optical Networks systematically reports the main examine concerns in WDM (Wavelength department Multiplexing) optical networks, akin to routing and wavelength task, QoS multicast routing, layout of logical topologies, and location of wavelength converters. The publication contains elements.
- IP Traffic Theory and Performance
- Performance Analysis of Multichannel and Multi-Traffic on Wireless Communication Networks
- Cyberpatterns: Unifying Design Patterns with Security and Attack Patterns
- Kompendium semantische Netze: Konzepte, Technologie, Modellierung
- Do-All Computing in Distributed Systems: Cooperation in the Presence of Adversity
Additional info for Apache - The Definitive Guide, Third Edition Ben Laurie, Peter Laurie
3 it is enough that they do not exist. The README file continues with advice about editing these files, which we will disregard. In fact, we don't have to set about this job yet; we will learn more later. A simple expedient for now is to run Apache with no configuration and to let it prompt us for what it needs. The Configuration File Before we start running Apache with no configuration, we would like to say a few words about the philosophy of the Configuration File. Apache comes with a huge file that, as we observe elsewhere, tries to tell you every possible thing the user might need to know about Apache.
2. o and, of course, making sure the path is correct. 5 Configuration Settings and Rules Most Apache users won't have to bother with this section at all. However, you can specify extra compiler flags (for instance, optimization commands), libraries, or includes by giving values to the following : EXTRA_CFLAGS= EXTRA_LDFLAGS= EXTRA_LIBS= EXTRA_INCLUDES= Configure will try to guess your operating system and compiler; therefore, unless things go wrong, you won't need to uncomment and give values to these: #CC= #OPTIM=-02 #RANLIB= The rules in the Configuration file allow you to adapt for a few exotic configuration problems.
0 2548 2044 ?? 0 2548 2044 ?? 0 2548 2044 ?? 00 httpd -d To kill Apache, you need to find the PID of the main copy of httpd and then do kill
Apache - The Definitive Guide, Third Edition Ben Laurie, Peter Laurie by Ben Laurie